Every Walmart has a Money Center near the front entrance to the store. You can find it next to the other in-store service centers, such as the Eye Center and Return Section.
Walmart Money Centers offer various financial services, such as money transfers, income tax preparation, bill pay, credit cards, check cashing, and debit card reloading. In some Walmart stores, they may not have a designated center with the “Money Center” sign, but these financial services are still offered. Just go to the customer service desk to inquire about them.
If you have a bad credit history and cannot get approved for a bank account, then the Walmart Money Center can offer you some very valuable services. You can get secured credit cards, prepaid debit cards, or have the ability to cash your paycheck. There are fees added onto these services, but they are worth it if you have limited options.
Walmart Money Center Hours
As you may know, nearly all Walmart stores are open every day of the week. In fact, the only day most Walmart stores close is on Christmas.
For operating hours, Walmart stores are either open 24/7 or close as late as 11:00 PM or midnight. However, this does not mean each store’s individual Money Center is open as late.
What times does Walmart Money Center open and close? Walmart Money Centers are typically open Monday through Saturday between the hours of 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM. Money Center hours are limited to 10:00 AM and 6:00 PM on Sundays. However, these hours do not apply to all Walmart stores. Some Walmart stores may have slightly different hours, but these are the general hours that you can expect for the Walmart Money Center.
To find out the hours of a Money Center in a particular Walmart store, you can visit the Walmart website to find out. When you arrive on the website homepage, look for the Location link at the top and click on it.
On the Location page, enter your city, state, and zip code information. One or more Walmart stores near your area will show up. Click on the “Local Store” link next to your preferred Walmart store. They should give you details about the service center hours. If not, call the number listed to inquire about the hours over the phone.
Walmart Money Center Services
Know that you know what hours Walmart Money Center is open and closed, let’s examine their products and services more closely.
- If you receive a paycheck from your employer but have no bank account to cash it at, then you can instead cash your check at any Walmart Money Center.
- You will be charged a $4 fee for any paycheck that is $1,000 or less. If your paycheck is between $1,000 and $5,000, then you will be charged an $8 fee. Tax refund checks up to $7,500 are also cashable here.
- For personal checks or other non-preprinted checks, you will have to use a regular bank as Walmart will not accept them.
- Read more about this in our Banks.org article How to Cash a Check Without an ID or Bank Account.
GoBank Checking Accounts
- If traditional banks will not approve you for a new checking account due to a bad ChexSystems score, then Walmart Money Center can offer you a second-chance account through Green Dot Bank.
- They will not perform a credit check on you when you apply to GoBank at a Money Center, so you’re practically guaranteed to get approved.
- GoBank does not charge overdraft fees. There is only an $8.95 monthly fee for the second-chance checking account, which is small in comparison to a standard checking account.
- You can manage your GoBank checking account through your mobile phone and make withdrawals at over 42,000 different ATMs across the country.
- If you need to pay your bills without using a bank account, then you can go to the Walmart Money Center.
- They also let you do this online and through the Walmart mobile app as well.
- The amount of the service fees depends on the company you are paying and the speed in which you want them to get paid.
Bluebird Debit Card
- Bluebird from American Express is a prepaid debit card.
- It is really no different than having a debit card attached to a checking account.
- There are no fees when withdrawing and depositing funds as long as you do it at a MoneyPass ATM or a Walmart. There are also no monthly fees.
Walmart Rewards Card
- This is a special type of CapitalOne rewards credit card that can only be used at Walmart.
- If you do a lot of Walmart shopping, then you can earn up to 5% cash back on the purchases you make at Walmart stores.
- Walmart MoneyCard is a prepaid reward debit card.
- You can use it with any merchant that accepts Visa or Mastercard. If you use it at Walmart, you receive up to 3% cash back.
- Green Dot Bank issues the card through the Walmart Money Center.
- If you need to send cash to someone in a different state or country, you do so with the money transfer service at Walmart Money Centers.
- The recipient can pick up the transfer at a participating MoneyGram locations in their area.
- Fees depend on the amount and if the transfer is domestic or international.
Walmart Money Center Near Me
Asking yourself, where can I find a Walmart Money Center near me? To find a Walmart that has a Money Center inside, use the map provided here.
You can also visit the Walmart Store Finder and enter your location. The map will show all the Walmart Money Centers nearest to you.
Select a location’s “Store Details” link to get more info about the Walmart, including address, driving directions, coupons, and their weekly ad.
Leave a Reply