Need to know if your local Truist Bank branch is open or closed on a certain holiday? This list of Truist holidays for 2023 will help.
Planning your holiday and visiting a bank can be a big hassle – not to mention the crowds. It doesn’t have to be. You need to know which holidays Truist is closed, so you can plan ahead and avoid interruptions. Finding bank holidays can be laborious – why not browse this Truist Bank Holidays list before you go?
Truist Bank was formed by a merger between the BB&T and SunTrust financial institutions. All Truist banking locations in the United States will be closed on the below dates in 2023. A possible exception is Truist branches that are located inside other establishments. If these supermarkets or grocery stores are open on a holiday, the inside branch may be open for limited hours as well. Call your Truist branch to confirm their operating hours.
Holidays which are not listed, such as Good Friday, Easter Monday, St. Patrick’s Day, Election Day, Black Friday, Christmas Eve, and New Year’s Eve, are normal banking business days unless, of course, the day lands on a Sunday.
If you are initiating a bank transaction close to a holiday, make sure to allow for an extra day or two for processing. Also, checks deposited using a Truist ATM on a holiday will be considered to be received the next business day.
Truist Bank Holidays for 2023
Sunday, January 1st, 2023 – New Year’s Day
- New Year’s Day 2023 is a Sunday and Truist observes the holiday on Mon, Jan 2nd, 2023.
Monday, January 2nd, 2023 – New Year’s Day (Observed)
- New Years falls on a Sunday in 2023, so banks observe the holiday on Monday.
Monday, January 16th, 2023 – Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Birthday
- MLK Day is always the Third Monday in January.
Monday, February 20th, 2023 – President’s Day/Washington’s Birthday
- Presidents Day is always the Third Monday in February.
Sunday, April 9th, 2023 – Easter Sunday
- Easter is the first Sunday after the full moon following the spring equinox.
Monday, May 29th, 2023 – Memorial Day
- Memorial Day is always the Last Monday in May.
Monday, June 19th, 2023 – Juneteenth
- Juneteenth (6/19/23) is a Monday and Truist Bank will be closed.
Tuesday, July 4th, 2023 – Independence Day
- The Fourth of July (7/4/23) is a Tuesday and Truist will be closed.
Monday, September 4th, 2023 – Labor Day
- Labor Day is always the First Monday in September.
Monday, October 9th, 2023 – Columbus Day / Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- Columbus Day is always the Second Monday in October.
Friday, November 10th, 2023 – Veterans Day (Observed)
- Veterans Day falls on a Saturday in 2023, so banks observe the holiday on Friday.
Saturday, November 11th, 2023 – Veterans Day
- Veterans Day in 2023 is a Saturday and Truist observes the holiday on Fri, Nov 10th, 2023.
Thursday, November 23th, 2023 – Thanksgiving Day
- Thanksgiving is always the Fourth Thursday in November.
Monday, December 25th, 2023 – Christmas Day
- Christmas (12/25/23) is a Monday and Truist Bank branches will be closed.
Monday, January 1st, 2024 – New Year’s Day
- New Year’s Day 2024 (1/1/24) is a Monday and Truist will be closed.
Common Truist Holiday Questions
Is Truist open the day after New Years Day? No, Truist will be closed the Monday after New Years because the holiday falls on a Sunday in 2023.
Is Truist Bank open on MLK Jr’s Birthday? No, Truist will be closed.
Is Truist Bank open on Presidents Day? No, Truist will be closed.
Is Truist Bank open on Memorial Day? No, Truist will be closed.
Is Truist Bank open on Juneteenth? No, Truist will be closed.
Is Truist Bank open on the 4th of July? No, Truist will be closed.
Is Truist Bank open on Labor Day? No, Truist will be closed.
Is Truist Bank open on Columbus Day? No, Truist will be closed.
Is Truist open the day before Veterans Day? No, most branches will be closed the Friday before Veterans Day because the holiday falls on a Saturday in 2023.
Is Truist Bank open on Thanksgiving? No, Truist will be closed.
Is Truist Bank open on Christmas? No, Truist will be closed.